Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Area Rug Shopping



Not surprisingly, shopping for area rugs is similar to shopping for art. You don't really need either, but a beautiful rug, like a beautiful painting, can be a major addition to a room. I needed several area rugs to define spaces in my recently remodeled home. So off I went to Aga John, a wonderful rug showroom in Los Angeles. Having done business with Aga John my entire design career, I had high expectations of finding suitable rugs there. And I did! I found a deep red rug for the living room to convey the richness of the space and a small rug in the entry to pull out the deep blue of the adjacent drapery. I was thrilled when I returned home and put them in place....it was like adding the last pieces of a jig-saw puzzle.

Rug buying, like buying art, is typically a "love at first sight" experience. If you aren't sure it probably isn't the right rug for you. Continue to look and the ideal rug is usually right around the corner.

No comments: